This course is designed to meet the needs of people wishing to study at foundation level. It is a 5-day online programme that provides a basic introduction to the anticipation, recognition, evaluation and control of risks to health in the workplace. It will introduce you to chemical exposures, noise, the thermal environment, lighting, radiation, ergonomics, behavioural science and much more.
On completing this course successfully the student will have a basic understanding of:
- The value of occupational hygiene and the role of the occupational hygienist;
- The range of hazards [physical and chemical] in the workplace;
- Hazard recognition techniques;
- Sources and potential routes of exposure;
- Hazard evaluation, exposure assessment and the measurement processes;
- Methods of controlling exposure;
- The management of occupational hygiene programmes.